Healthy Living Tips #4Check out Susan Clements of Earth and Ocean Herbal and Wellness at www.earthoceanherbals.com.
Check out www.farmacyherbs.com to purchase Fire Cider.
Below is a recipe to make your own!
Fire Cider, a traditional remedy for colds and flus
- 1/2 cup fresh grated ginger root
- 1/2 cup fresh grated horseradish root
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 cayenne peppers, chopped
- 1 lemon, chopped
- Unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw local honey to taste
- Several sprigs of fresh rosemary (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh turmeric (optional)
- 1 orange, chopped (optional)
Directions: Prepare all of the ingredients and place them into a quart sized jar. Cover all ingredients with apple cider vinegar. Use a piece of natural parchment paper or wax paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal. Shake daily. After 3-4 weeks, use cheesecloth to strain. Next comes the honey! Add 1/4 cup of honey and stir until incorporated. Taste your cider and add honey until you reach the desired sweetness.
Healthy Living Tip #1